Monday, January 4, 2010

More secret sketches

Right, so I'm not really sure where this came from, but I like it! I hope I can develop this and have some nicely rendered drawings in this style. Why did I draw bubbles and plaid eyes?? I don't know but it was FUN.

I've been thinking about my new years resolutions and although I don't believe typing them down will actually make them happen, I need to keep repeating them to myself and take action, which I hopefully plan to do as it would only benefit me and make me happier so whatsda holdup?

alright.

(1) Do some sort of sports or activity at least once a week.
(2) Eat more balanced meals.
(3) Use the craft and book making materials I HAVE before buying MORE.
(4) Learn pattern making and sewing clothes.
(5) Finally get my driver's licence.
(6) Not care so much about what others think of me.
(7) Be a bit of a bitch.
(8) Wear makeup.
(9) Watch good and life changing movies.
and finally
(10) Like myself a little.

Haha, "get a job" should be on the list but I think that is a given, so is being more independant and learn to play the mandolin.

Here's a quote I found while looking through "Glamourai", it was great so I am posting it:

"every creature on earth has approximately two billion heartbeats to spend in a lifetime. you can spend them slowly, like a tortoise, and live to be two hundred years old, or spend them fast, like a hummingbird, and live to be two years old."

- brian doyle, from the best american essays (2005)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Just stumbled upon your blog and decided to leave a little love. These images are beautiful, mind you. Truly love the style of the first. Good luck with your list! I'm supposedly taking up bicycling for the summer in an effort to be a teeny bit healthier :)

    ReplyDelete